Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Summary of the Explanation of the Hadeeth of ‘The Leading Supplication for Seeking Forgiveness’ ByShaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah, rahimahullah, translated by Abbas Abu Yahya

On the authority of Shaddad bin Aws -Radi Allaahu anhu- from the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said:

‘Indeed the major supplication for forgiveness is

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

O Allaah You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship in truth except You, You created me and I am Your slave and I abide by Your covenant and promise as best as I can, I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have committed, I profess to you my sins and I acknowledge Your favour upon me, so forgive me verily no one forgives sins except You.

Allaahumma anta rabbee, la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtanee, wa ana abduka, wa ana ala ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’tu, a’outhu bika min sharri ma sanatu, aboo’u laka bi thambee wa aboo’u laka bini’matika alayya, faghfirlee fa’innahu la yaghfiru ath-thunooba ‘illa ‘anta

So whoever says this with certainty when the morning arrives and dies during that day before evening, then he is from the people of Paradise and whoever says it with certainty in the evening, and dies before the morning, then he is from the people of Paradise.’

Narrated by Bukhari, an-Nisa’ee & Tirmidhi

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah -rahimullaah- said about the preceding hadeeth:

No comments:

Post a Comment