Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fishing Trip

Last Saturday on 23rd January 2010 I went on a fishing trip with my husband, dad, sister, my brother and a future brother in law (yes, my sister might be getting married in May this year..Yay!) and it was AWESOME!!!

I mean..we went there last month during the rainy season and most of us end up not catching anything at all.. but this time around it's different, the rainy season has passed and the water is stable in its salinity and we caught loads of fish!!!including me!

Okay..before i arrived there i sort of made a prayer of what i expected which are:

a)  I wanted to catch five or more fish because i've only managed to catch 1 fish in my whole life..yup..sad ain't it?
b)  I wanted to get at least 2 types of fish because the only type of fish i have ever caught in my 25 years of living is ikan gelame..which is quite sad actually..its just unacceptable!
c) I want to make fishing as one of my hobbies..actually it is my hobby referring to the many occasions that i've gone fishing, its just that i haven't acknowledge it yet..okay..i've acknowledged it already..

AND at the end of the day...(drumroll please..)

I did get what i wanted!!and more!
can you believe it?! I actually caught 9 fishes!! (okay.. i know i sound over excited, but its only because i am over excited..!)
okay..here's the list:

1 ikan duri which i sadaqah-ed to our fishing neighbour because my family doesn't eat that fish
3 ikan buntal which was really cute! i think they're adorable! so i let them go because we can't eat them anyway..they're poisonous..
5 gelame!!!Yay!! i broke my own record of 1 gelame..haha..

So..in the end, after 12 hours of fishing..we all had a wonderful wonderful day..i really really enjoyed myself..we had loads of fun..thank u so much pa for the fishing trip!! it really made my weekend..thanks papa...

Reasons i love going fishing:

1) i get to spend quality time with my family
2) its super relaxing
3) i can write or read while waiting for MY fish..hehe..
4) the change of scenery..being at sea..i love the sea..im officially a beach/sea/ocean girl..i just don't like the city..
5) Fishing burns calories - 145 calories..this is just an extra advantage..i didn't really have it in mind..
6) i love the boat rides to the 'kelong' especially the one at 3 in the morning..i simply cannot describe how i felt..i just want to feel..not think..
7) the joy of seeing my line being pulled by the fish..and screaming "i got a fish" to everyone there..seeing my dad and everyone laugh at my joy..its just priceless..
8) cooking the fishes that we caught ourselves
9) i just love every moment of it..





Father, Brother and Me..



One of my gelame..

No comments:

Post a Comment