Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lose Weight Status

Okay...today is the fifth day according to my Couch to 5 k program..I've been following the program religiously and i have been pushing myself up to certain points that i though i couldn't..Anyway..i just want to update on my weigh loss status..my weight right now is 61 the last time i checked..i know it hasn't change that much and frankly speaking im not obsessed about the weight thingie..because..i had been doing all kinds of diet in my 25 years of life and the weight is not a good measure of success..and i want to make a statement here...

NOTHING WORKS IN LOSING WEIGHT AND KEEPING IT THERE OTHER THAN EATING MODERATELY AND HEALTHILY AND MAINTAINING A GOOD LIFESTYLE. NOTHING.

Okay..i have tried all kinds of diets..i've even starved myself for 1 month..thats like 31 days..without eating..yup..and i lost like 10 kg like that..but..i gained it back within months..it nearly killed me to lose all that weight and then it comes back just in a blink of an eye..even those who could starve forever became aneroxic..so my point here is that..for the past few weeks i have been applying this concept of eating moderately and counting my calories.. and exercising ( 20 minutes following the C25K program, 3 days a week) and i am seeing amazing results:

i look a lot better
my skin is clearer
nearly no pimples at all
im energetic
im more prone to positive thinking
my butt is tighter..haha..im just being honest!
my tummy a lot smaller
my arms a bit tomer
I LOOK SO MUCH BETTER!

and stuff like that..and it really motivates me..i mean i eat 3 times a day with snacks in between and im losing weight at the same time! i feel great!i know im healthier!i look in the mirror and i see a better person and i learn and im still learning to channel my excessive desire for food to something better..so..my current menu is:
Breakfast
Almonds
or
1 slice of wholemeal bread

it is very important to note that breakfast is a MUST

Snack 1
Fruits
or
Salad or Almonds

Lunch
Wholemeal bread sandwich
or
Rice with malay cusine

Snack 2
1 slice of Wholemeal bread
or
Fruits
or
Salad

Note: The snacks are to prevent me from feeling hungry. The important lesson that i learn from my body is i am not suppose to let it starve.Its a lot BETTER to eat snacks then to starve.There are scientific reasons behind it but i'll post it some other time.

Dinner
Tom Yam without rice (My favourite!)
or
Light stuff

I still eat what i want but at a moderate level..i don't pig out and i dont stuff my face with food all the time!

And in my opinion, the C25K program is a realy good program and it really really helped me a lot in my quest for a healthier lifestyle.

Another thing..i drink lots of water!! like 1 to 2 litres a day! it is the magic that makes all the healthy eating and exercizing works!

No comments:

Post a Comment