Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Herbs make easy

I remembered the first time I read cooking recipes in English I had problems with the herbs part because there are just so many and  they're in English. I couldn't find any translation to it in Bahasa and the information was limited. But nowadays everything is so simple "just Google it" they say. And to make things easier for those of you who are just too lazy to search, I have it here. It's not complete but I'll continue to add in when I can.


English
Bahasa Melayu
Basil
Daun selasih
Bay leaf
Daun salam
Cardamom
Buah pelaga
Cinnamon
Kulit kayu manis
Cloves
Bunga cengkih
Coriander seeds
Biji ketumbar
Coriander/Cilantro
Ketumbar
Cumin
Jintan putih
Fennel
Jintan manis
Fenugreek
Halba
Galangal
Lengkuas
Kaffir lime leaves
Daun limau purut
Lemongrass
Serai
Mint
Pudina
Mustard seeds
Biji sawi
Screwpine
Pandan
Star anise
Bunga lawang
Turmeric
Kunyit

1 comment: