Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homemade Roasted Tomato Salsa

Hi all...so I made this recipe up when I was experimenting with different types of salsa and just trying the different textures and taste it gives and I found out that I love the roasted ones, and since I can't get fresh cilantro all the time, I made it easier for me by replacing it with dried herbs that tastes amazing too...so here goes and I hope you guys can try it and love it too.

By the way, t goes great with French Bread, Spaghetti and Linguine and you can also add in stripes of salami to make it interesting! Enjoy!

Ingredients
· 3 Tomatoes, Diced
· 2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
· 1 Small Onion, Chopped
· A pinch of Black Pepper
· A pinch of Salt
· Spaghetti Bolognese herb or Dried Thyme and Rosemary herb
· Olive Oil

Directions1. Preheat the oven.
2. Place all ingredients on a plate and place into oven.
3. Roast until brown and a bit dry.
4. Place all the roasted ingredient in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Refrigerate the mixture until serving.

A bonus for this is it's really healthy and to make it healthier you can have it with wholemeal bread or whole wheat pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment