Sunday, January 2, 2011

My New Year Resolution


1)       Save Money (Stick to my Budget)
I think the most important thing I have to do starting this New Year is to save money.
I need to start saving money.
I think I spent too much on unnecessary things that may seem necessary at the time but actually they’re not…
Therefore I will start this New Year by cutting back on buying all the unnecessary items and start saving at least Rm500 every month.
I want to start saving for my travels, for my house and for my baby.
I have big travelling plans and I want to set it in motion this January…

2)       Eat Correct and Get Fit! (Shape Up and Lose Weight)
I think this must be on almost everyone’s list. It’s like one of the top New Year resolution.
My major problem is that I keep on losing weight and gaining it back after that.
I love to eat.
But I have problems with control.
I can’t seem to control my eating habits and after I gain a few pound then I’ll start feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
After that I’ll starve myself to death and lose a few pound and when I’m comfortable again I’ll start eating the way I did before
And this process keeps on repeating itself.
Therefore, my New Year resolution this time is not to lose weight…but to eat healthily.
It’s because I can’t afford to go on like this forever. I’ll hurt myself and because it’s unhealthy.
I want to be healthy and grow old graciously.
I’ve done this before and it’s not easy, thus I hope this time I am able to be more consistent and to persevere.
And in order to be consistent, I will update my blog daily on my food intake.
I also need to work out. I haven’t done any work out, gym, jog, run or swim in 3 month.  And that’s got to change.
I feel so…FAT. I feel like all the fat are building up and I feel slow.
So that got to change and the first thing I’m going to do tomorrow is jog!!!
And I’ll update this too…as a form of motivation for me.

3)       Get out of liability (Reduce Debts)
Okay...again…my financial well being has not been well lately...like I said, I’m really bad at saving and it doesn’t help that I have some financial liabilities too.
I am really looking forward in minimizing it to zero this year and I am determined to not incur anymore liability.  Super determine damn you liability! I learn my lesson. What I really want is to TAKE CONTROL and have enough money to retire and support my parents, family and other underprivileged people some day.

4)       Manage Time Better (Get Organized)
Where do I start?
I used to be very good at time management.
Now I suck…as simple as that.
What I want in 2011 onwards is to be more productive, to utilize my time to the fullest and I am determined not to waste anymore time.
Time is precious and it’s time for me to grow the hell up and be more responsible with it.
And when I’ve managed my time. I believe that everything else will fall into place and I’ll be more organized.
Hopefully.

I DO NOT WANT TO:
Watch late night movies
Sleeping after 12.00
Waking up late
Have last minute plan

I WANT TO:
Wake up early
Have meals on time
Sleep at 11.00
Plan my vacation
Plan my weekend
Have a cleaning Schedule
Have Shopping schedule and list
BE MORE ORGANIZED…and many more.

5)       Be more artistic
I actually don’t know where to start on this…
But what I know is I am an artistic person at heart and I need guidance…
I love art, music and any form of self expression…
But I need and I crave more…
Every time I see anything artistic I get this feeling inside me and I crave to express myself artistically…
Therefore starting this year 2011 onwards I am going to enroll myself in art class…
I’ve already know what I want to do and I have the contact...
The next step is to call and make the first step.
I really hope that this will be a start of something bigger.

6)       More Hardworking (Work on my make up every day).
This is a must.
I MUST BE MORE HARDWORKING this year…until I die.
I need to plan and execute.
I am determined to start making progress in my Makeup Career and I’m going to make it happen.
I am going to practice every day and update it here on my blog and my makeup blog.
I crave to be good at Makeup…Great…Excellent!
My goal is to be the best of the best.
It takes effort, sacrifice, commitment and perseverance…and I’m going to give it my all for what I love to do.
I swear I just can’t think of anything else I’d rather be doing.
I am just not interested in being an accountant or a doctor and working in an office.
I did that during my internship and it really sucks the life out of me.
For that reason, I pray to Allah to lead me to the right direction and help me to do this the right way and Insha’Allah to become successful here and hereafter…

7)       Volunteer and Help Others
I can’t remember the last time I volunteered.
This is really disturbing because this means I’ve only been thinking about myself lately and that’s awful.
I believe that my religion promote helping others and doing what u can for the community and society and I honestly believe that I have been very self-centered for the past years and I hope to change that starting this year.
I know the first step that I have to take is getting to know my neighbor.
I live in a sad world where I don’t even know my neighbor.
I do not want to be that individualistic person that I criticize in other people.
So help me Ya Allah and make me strong in my heart to be more giving and compassionate to others.

8)       Drink more water
Another weakness of mine is I have no idea why it’s freakin’ hard for me to consistently drink 2 liters of water per day.
The water is there but I’m just not drinking it…so I am determine to make a change and start drinking the friggin’ water consistently.
I have to find a way to make me drink water and I’ll update on that…Daily…
I think I have more than 5 things to updates already…heheh...

9)       Be Thankful Everyday (Pray 5 times a day)
I just have to include this in my new year’s resolution.
Because without this, the rest of my resolutions means nothing.
I feel that I’ve been living a very comfortable life for the last 26 years.
I have my ups and downs…but I wouldn’t change a thing…
Because all the experiences I’ve been through make me who I am today…
Honestly I’m still not satisfied with myself.
But the point is I want to be better.
And in order to do that I have to be thankful.
I have to first be contented.
Then I can move on and build a better me.
I believe that there is a great reason to why we have to pray 5 times a day and other than discipline and other religious factors, it is because by being at peace of what and who I am and remembering how blessed and lucky I am, I can be and do all of the above.
I can improve myself and become a better person.
I vow that I will pray 5 times a day and not miss it and recite at least 1 page of Quran every day...Amin.

10)   Get Out and Explore more…In simpler term…Travel!!
Yes!
My favorite part!
I love travelling!
I super love the beaches and islands and I’ve been to most in Malaysia.
I’ve been to perhentian, redang, tioman, bidan, aman, teluk chempedak, cherating, lumut, kemasik, rantau abang, dungun and many more.
I’ve even been to Bali.
And I was determined to at least travel to most part of Malaysia before embarking on a journey outside my beloved country
Now after doing just that, I think I am ready to explore other countries starting with countries in Asia such as Indonesia, Thailand and Australia.
Then to Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and so on.
I’ve so many places (beaches and island) I’ve got listed in my travel book and I can’t wait!!
I mean I’ve been to some of the most amazing places in Malaysia and to get to see and do things I never dreamt I would be lucky enough to experience.
Now I must make sure that I spend my life travelling the world seeing all the magnificent beauty this planet has to offer and what Allah has created as a sign of his power.
There are just too many amazing places to go and see in this world…And so shall I…

11)   Read More!!!
I read something the other day that was extremely disturbing. Apple founder Steve Jobs was quoted as saying
"It doesn't matter how good or bad the product is, people don't read anymore. Forty percent of people in the U.S read one book or less last year."
To me, this is a VERY SAD statistic.
Personally, I can think of nothing more important, and of more value than reading.
I mean reading is an active mental process unlike sitting in front of the idiot box.
Reading makes me use my brain.
I also read that in this process you would use the grey cells of your brain to think and become smarter…I hope…haha…
By the way, I’ve totally lost count of how many books I’ve read.
Therefore, starting 2011 I would like to keep a record of all the books I’ve read and I would like to write a literature review on each one.
This is because I believe that the value of a book is measured by what I can learn from it and by writing a literature review I can make sure that I remember what I learnt.
And so I will read more.
One book every week.
To feed my imagination, my soul, my brain and my heart….Insha’Allah.

12)   Become more environmentally responsible (Reuse, Reduce & Recycle)
With all the talk on saving the environment and making a change I believe I have to start doing my part.
And my first step is buying 3 bins for plastic, paper and glass for my house...
I just think it’s time for me to walk the talk.
Save water.
Save electricity.
Make compose.
I want to take action.

13)   I want to have a successful 2011!!
Last But not least, I want this year to be better than last year.
I want to be more hardworking, more happy, more prudent, more frugal, more compassionate, more in control and not to follow my nafs, but to think before I talk, to pray 5 times a day without fail, to plan my days and weeks and months and years, to travel to Bali, Australia and Thailand’s Islands, to have at least 5-6 makeup jobs per month, to be a good wife, a good daughter, a good sister, a good cousin, a good friend and a good person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment