Friday, January 28, 2011

Networking

My husband is a good example of a person who does good networking... He is the kind of person that is really good with people...if he wants to. He knows how to communicate and he has a certain charisma that makes people want to listen and talk to him. Mostly older influential people. Unlike me, he knows how to use it to his advantage, for business purposes. He knows how to talk to people and make them like him if he wants them to.

I on the other hand, am not like him...I am bad at making conversation with people I barely know and I am worse at talking about business or work. Simply because if I want to become friends with someone it's solely because I want to be friends. Unlike my husband, I can't separate business and pleasure and that’s because I don't want my friends to think that I am taking advantage of them and because for me it’s such a thin line.


Therefore, to make things a lot easier for me in terms of marketing and showing my work and inspiration; I have made a blog to show my work as a makeup artist. I've also made a tumblr to share my source of inspiration and looks that I am dying to do. I've joined twitter to get updates on the latest news about what's hot and what's no and also to post updates. I already have a professional facebook page and what I want to do next is to upload makeup tutorial videos on YouTube to make it more official. . I love the fact that the virtual me is more open and easy to talk to than the physical me and therefore it changes the way I work and interact. I mean the internet is a useful tool if you harvest it the right way. It opens the window to my life and to other people as well. I've already add the links to my blog, facebook, tumblr, twitter and YouTube to the side bar. The internet community is massive and I know that I will reach my target group and hope that someday I will be more successful.


I would also like to express my gratitude towards my husband Syafiq, my sister Fatima, my cousins Mimi, Nisa, Miza, Ika, Isha, Lia, Abg Pun, Kak Ida, Mira and Abg Pipi for supporting me! Thank you so much you guys. I really appreciate it and it means so much to me that all of you are here to back me up and help me out in times of need. Love you guys! I would also like to express my gratitude towards my dad. I know my mum has her own reasons for disapproving what I’m doing and I understand and respect that. But I know that my dad’s with me. He listens to me when I tell him about it and seems excited for me...supportive in his own way...and I am so touched...thank u papa for understanding and for supporting me even though it's difficult for you. And I know that my mum is also with me a bit even though she doesn't say it. I understand she wants the best for me. Thank u mama and papa. I love you both so much only god knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment